Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Out to the country

Today we took the train out of London to Sevenoaks and Knole, the amazing home of Lord Sackville. (And, yes, the family still lives there, though I believe the house is now owned by the National Trust. It is surrounded by a deer park with two kinds of deer, though we either didn't see both kinds or couldn't distinquish between them. We enjoyed walking around the grounds until the house opened at noon.

I've only included one picture here, but I hope to load more onto my Facebook fan page when I have time. To give you a sense of scale, I'm the little blue speck standing in by the doors.

Knole has one of the most extensive, if not the most extensive, collection of Stuart furniture in the world, and the docents were very patient will all my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment