Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012! The start of a new year is always a good time to make resolutions, so here are three of mine.

1. Live in the moment. Of course, I can't live totally in the moment. I have doctors appointments, book deadlines, and other things cluttering up my calendar. I have to plan in various ways to be sure those things get done. But I don't have to worry about them. Worry and regret are two useless emotions--or at least so I tell myself. I do better if I can think about the paragraph or the scene I'm writing right now and not the 400 pages or 100,000 words I still have to write.

2. Tidy. There's lots of tidying that needs to happen around here, especially as son #3 and daughter-in-law-to-be say they'd like to have their rehearsal dinner here at our house this summer. Oh, dear. I'm not much into interior decorating, and I'll admit to hoarding tendencies. Mr. M says I'm a bit rodent-like, making piles of papers and books and other stuff. So I need to try to get rid of things, organize what I want to keep, and maybe--probably--buy some new furniture.

3. Stop wasting time. I've given up playing computer solitaire. This is my second day of going cold turkey. I know it will get easier each day I manage to resist its siren call--or at least I hope it will.

Anyone else have some new year's resolutions? Feel free to share--and good luck with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment