Saturday, July 6, 2013


As promised--though probably a little late--here's the deal on my website. As I feared, the computer I used to update the site died. I was hoping to load the software on the new computer--and hoped the software would run on the new computer--but when the computer was set up, I couldn't find the software. I will admit my life could stand to be more organized, but this time there were extenuating circumstances. After I turned in Ash's book, we had the carpets on the bedroom level torn up and hardwood floors put in. This meant that EVERYTHING on that level needed to be moved and squirreled away somewhere. We've lived in the house 24 years and raised four boys here. And I have--ahem--slight hoarding tendencies. I'm pretty sure I saw the software when I was moving stuff. I mean, I certainly wouldn't have thrown it away. But... Your guess is as good as mine as to where it is, though I'm sure it will surface eventually.

Meanwhile, my hosting situation was going to change. It's too complicated--and boring--to go into, but suffice it to say, I had to find a new host for the site. And while I still like my website, I've had it for almost ten years. I felt it was time for a change. So I found a new web designer who will also be my host--DreamForge Media. I'm excited--only they can't get to me until October. So I'm going to try to use this blog to keep you all up-to-date until then. I can get my designer to do some updates, but I'm trying to avoid that. The program I used tends to send real web designers into fits.

Things are in a bit of lull here anyway. As I say, I turned in Ash's book--yay! It will be out in March--I'll share the cover shortly. Now I'm in my writerly cave, trying to come up with a new proposal. At the moment I'm thinking of setting some stories in the Lake District, since I fell in love with that area last September. I'm also getting ready to head off to Atlanta and the RWA conference. I'm hoping to be better about posting to Facebook and tweeting while I'm there, and if I can, I'll post something here. But if you're on Facebook, do stop by my Page. I've been posting a picture daily, Monday through Friday, from our local travels. We took off once the floor guys arrived. They said we could stay the first few days, but the hammering and the fact that stuff was crammed in every available crevasse (we don't have a large house) persuaded me (and I persuaded Mr. M) it was best to flee. Here's the link to my page--all you have to do is "like" it:

No comments:

Post a Comment